Friday 11 July 2014

Retreat and fireflies...

Well...  On an amazing retreat in Tuscany right now.  Just a few days in and hotting up nicely.  Still on crutches for slopes and rocky paths..but all good.  Humbling to accept support from others...watching the play of self being 'independent' and also the honouring of the gift of others in their wish to assist...that is love.

Tonight a group of us watched the fireflies at play in the field and the trees,,,beautiful,  then a beautiful lady managed to catch one to show us a close up. As it was released, it flew onto my neck and crawled into my shawl...it glowed all the way, every few seconds.

Amazingly, it stayed over my heart for a few minutes.  We tried to capture the sight in a picture which was unsuccessful.  I caught it and it crawled up my arm before flying away into the trees... Truly a magical moment.

Meaning of firefly...

This is about light, illumination,   An ordinary looking creature during the day, the firefly is a remarkable sight when it glows at night.  It uses light for communication.    This is a symbolic message to us humans..that although our physical appearance may seem one way, it is our internal makings, what is inside us, that makes us shine from the inside out.

That which is with us will always illuminate us and those around us.


A powerful message for me as at times these past few months, I have become uncomfortable with how my human body is looking through being housebound and not being able to exercise....whilst at the same time KNOWING that the light within shines through...through my movement, through my eyes, through my smile..  Thank you Firefly for this reminder..

Namaste
X

1 comment:

  1. Mark Radabaugh12 July 2014 at 10:00

    Lissy, you never cease to amaze me as how strong yet fragile woman that you are. The firefly is just to remind you of this and let us in on part of your life..Thank you--your friend from across the pond--Mark

    ReplyDelete