Monday 10 January 2011

The Nature of Desire?

Just returned from a weekend tantra retreat..beautiful weekend of learning new practices, mantras etc

One of the rituals involves playing the role of King/Queen and the consort(s) have to serve their wants, needs, desires if they can....have done this a few times before and requests can range from being brought food, drink to massages etc.. anyway, at the end, the King/queen meditates on 'the Nature of desire'...

It was my turn to be Queen, truly welomed as I had a heavy bleed, been taking strong painkillers and could hardly move! it was lovely to be nurtured and cared for with such devotion. Although I have done this ritual a number of times before, this was the first time, I got the answer to the question...'what is the nature of desire?'

What came was that firstly, you have to ask! If I didnt tell my consorts what I wanted, then they wouldnt have known what to provide... the same goes for the universe...if we dont ask, then how can the universe provide?

then I realised that first you have to know what to ask for! That one made me laugh!..... how many times have we asked for something, wished for something..and something comes along.. that is 'almost' perfect but not quite! So, need to be as accurate and detailed as possible in the description of what it is we desire..

So... blissfully tired needing some rest.... tomorrow off to a spa for a couple of days with a friend.. more relaxation....... lovely jubbly!

No comments:

Post a Comment