Monday 19 July 2010

Being Authentic....Being Whole..

I have sat with the fact that I have two FB accounts and only link one to this blog..the one with all my mainly 'alternative', open-thinking contacts as friends..  meaning that the majority of my connections on FB rarely see this intimate account of my journey or the whole Lisa/Lissy Lou..

I realise that I did that mainly to 'temper' how I portray myself to certain people..ex work colleagues, family, old school friends etc for fear of ridicule, judgement etc.  This is pointless and just not authentic..using my other page as an escape route for what I dont want to hear or accept about my self.  

So... this is it.. I am deleting the other account..the friends on there are on my original one anyhow..   I have had a bit of feedback about my writings thus far but it would be really great to hear your reflections, thoughts, own seeings...  whatever we go through in life, is not personal...many are facing similar issues/crises and we can only see that when it is open and shared...

My reasons for starting a blog are detailed in the very first entry...following the lunar eclipse earlier this month...I have been asked several times to share in a group, workshop or forum and this feels a good way to begin..

If you are offended by anything, find reading this uncomfortable, think its werid stuff etc etc.. then by all means delete me from your friends list, or simply do not hit the blog tab... I will not be offended but I hope that you instead just share in my journey..

1 comment:

  1. I'm really touched by your courage here Lisa - I don't know that I would be brave enough - or have a strong grip on the larger perspective on sharing - as you seem to, to make myself vulnerable in this way. So I honour that, and will hold it as an aspiration for myself when my own time comes to share more widely. Thanks, Matthew

    ReplyDelete